Here are some summer activities to consider
Summer reading list
We have posted the summer reading list on our webpage: http://hilsmanpto.googlepages.com/resources
The list includes next year's Battle of the Books selection. Hilsman has been the County Champ for the last four years so plan on next year and start your reading early.
East Athens Swim Team
Where: Green Acres/Crestwood Pool
635 Brookwood Drive
Athens, GA 30605
Who: boys and girls ages 4-18
When: Mid May thru July
For more information please visit our websitewww.greenacrespool.org or 706-354-4412
Parents meeting on Monday May 19 at 6pm at the pool
• Come join the fun this summer, while learning and improving your swim skills
• Quality coaching, supervised, and safe for all ages.
• Promote a positive attitude and good sportsmanship.
• Encourage family involvement
• Swim a thon to earn swim prizes such as goggles and swim suits
• Practices in the mornings and evenings Monday thru Friday. Come to as many as you can. You are not required to attend all practices.
• You do not need to be a member of the Green Acres Pool to join the swim team
• Come and make new friends and join old ones.
• Strive for healthy competition while having fun
The Athens Farmers' Market: Local and Sustainable
I want to invite you to come visit a new bigger, better farmers'market as it opens this Saturday at Bishop Park. It will feature our farmers' best pick of fresh sustainably-grown produce as well as local hand-made and home-made crafts, direct-trade coffee, freshly baked breads and other treats. The market will run every Saturday from May17th to the Saturday before Thanksgiving. Hours of operation will be8am to 1pm.
In honor of its opening we will have a Grand Opening Celebration onMay 17th and we invite you to attend!
Interested in selling produce or local hand-made/home-made crafts at the market? Need a map to Bishop Park? Visit http://www.athensfarmersmarket.net for more information!