Picture Day is Friday, August 31
Science Fair has been scheduled for Jan 17, 2008 - time to start
Open House Tuesday, September 11
After School Program offerings and schedules still not firmed up by
the District yet. A schedule should be available by Open House
Hilsman Cross Country Team
This is the team's second year at HMS. As a result our goals will be
to build on our successful first year, introduce our new student-
athletes to the sport, develop our runners' conditioning, as well as
our ability to compete as a team at meets.
· Information meeting during homeroom on Wednesday, 8/22 from 8:20 to
· Will run from 8/27 to 10/13 (longer if we are able to participate in
the City Championships at the end of the season).
· Tryouts will be conducted as part of regular practices. The final
team roster will be posted on 8/31.
o Monday (4:00 to 5:15)
o Tuesday (4:00 to 5:15)
o Thursday (4:00 to 5:15)
o Additional practices will be added as needed to prepare for
· Running shorts, not basketball shorts.
· Running shoes, not basketball shoes - Bulldog sports has a good
selection and will offer HMS Cross Country team members a 20% team
discount. Saucony is a good, reasonably priced running shoe.
· A light shirt, water bottle, sunscreen, etc.
· Students will need to be picked up by a parent at 5:15pm. No student
will be allowed to ride with a friend without written and signed
permission from their parent. These letters will be kept on file.
Date Day Place Time
9/6 th Cedar Shoals H.S. 4:15
9/15 sa Athens Academy 8:45am
9/25 th Athens Academy 4:15pm
10/4 th Athens Academy 4:15pm
10/13 sa Oglethorpe County H.S. 9am
10/23 tu * Athens Academy *TBD City Championships
· The policy of Hilsman Cross Country Team is that every team member
will be expected to maintain good behavior and grades. All team
members are "student athletes". Therefore, team members must do their
best, both in terms of grades and behavior, in practice and in school.
Poor behavior, insufficient participation or failing grades will
result in dismissal from the team.
· All team members must have a completed physical and be academically
eligible in order to participate.
· All team members must have signed parent permission to practice off
of the HMS campus.
Team Member Expectations:
All team members will be expected to -
· Dress out and be on time for all practices and meets
· Encourage and support all team members
· Practice sportsmanship
· Do their best during practice and in school
For more information about the Hilsman XC Team please contact Coach
Oulevey at (706) 207-9412.