Anna Steffl and I are on board once again to coordinate the Hilsman Faculty/Staff dinners and luncheons. PTO funds some of this, but we also need help from HMS parents to feed all faculty and staff members. Some of you helped last year by bringing in store bought goods and/or homemade items (thanks!).
Our first dinner is HMS Open House (Tues, 9/11). Most teachers stay late on Open House days so we thought we'd show them how appreciative we are by offering them dinner. We'll begin feeding faculty at 4:30 that afternoon.Anna and I usually plan a theme dinner or luncheon, ask parents for the things that aren't too perishable (items their child can bring in) and we do the rest. Some of you like baking and preparing food so let us know if you're interested in making something instead of bringing in a store bought item. We love your help! There are currently 70 faculty members and approx 90 faculty/staff. We feed a lot of people! Usually, we sponsor a luncheon 3 times a year as well as pizza 2 times a year on Tues. Conference Nights. We try to provide the faculty with a really nice meal. We ran out of money last year due to large numbers and quality luncheons. Thus, we decided to hold 2 really nice luncheons/dinners and 2 pizza Conference dinners. FYI...we put out 2 huge baskets of snacks welcoming everyone back to school at the beginning of the year.
We are asking that parents donate the following for the dinner Tuesday night.
We need the following items:
- Sturdy Paper Plates (dinner and dessert)
- Plastic Forks,Spoons/Knives
- Paper Napkins
- 12 pks of canned drinks or bottled water
Whatever is left over we store and use for the next luncheon/dinner
We also need the following for the dinner on Tuesday (some are homemade if you'd like to make something):
- Sugar cookies (with sprinkles for fun!) and/or Biscotti
- Green salad with vinaigrette dressing
- focaccia bread(Kroger has a nice one in their bakery section)
- fresh basil
- Parmesan Cheese (only one person needs to provide this)
Let me know if you can donate any of the above. All items are to be dropped off Tues. morning before 10 a.m. in the Conference Room at Hilsman (first door on the right when you walk in the building).
You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for helping!
PS Our menu for Tuesday night's dinner is as follows:
- Green Salad with vinaigrette dressing
- Caprese Salad (tomatoes, basil, mozzarella drizzled with olive oil and balsamic)
- Italian Sausage, Peppers and Onions in Marinara
- Plain Marinara Sauce w/o meatSpinach Lasagna
- 2 types of cooked pasta (probably spaghetti and penne)
- Focaccia Bread
- Dessert-Sugar Cookies/Biscotti